Thursday, December 6, 2012


Day 3
Prompt from Think Kit by SmallBox: If you could meet someone new in 2013, who would it be?  Or would you rather spend time with someone you already know?

I went to part time at work this year for the main reason of being home with my family more. One of the things that made me want to do this is to meet new "mommy" friends with kids my kids age and to get them out to meet new friends. Grant has always stayed at home and never gone to daycare. I am blessed to always have help from family to watch the kids, and my mom comes to our house on my workdays to babysit. Its such a great set up for us both. I have been back to work about a month, but have yet to do any of the fun things I wanted to do with Grant. Like going to the zoo, or the museum or the park. I was behind in everything there was to be behind on when Millie came along, due to being on bedrest for so long. Now I have no excuse. I have off days now. My husband's deployment was cancelled, so he is here! I want to get out there and enjoy things with Grant. He loves to explore and play. This year I want to meet some more mommy friends to do things with. I do have great friends, but not many with kids the same age as mine. My best friend lives on the opposite side of town, so it makes getting together a bit tough.

I have never had a problem meeting new people. People tell me I have never met a stranger. I know that Im very outgoing and I think  fun to be around, but being a mommy makes things a  little different.  My conversations are not nearly as exciting as they once were ( well to me they are more exciting because my kids are involved, but others may not see it that way). Im ready for bed by 9,  I cant even remember the last time I was in a bar, my kids schedule determines my schedule, Im drunk off of one glass of wine ( ok maybe a half of a glass),   and a night out has sure changed from my single life. This may not sound exciting, but its a life I never in a million years could have dreamed I would get to live.  To say I am blessed would be the understatement of the century! I know there are more mommies out there like me. Ones who need someone to talk to every once in a while regarding the trials and tribulations of this thing we do called Motherhood. This is not easy. It is a far greater challenge then I could have anticipated. It is a job where you are not rewarded with a monetary bonus or raise for doing a good job. You just pray every day your doing a good enough job. Sometimes I need that reassurance. I want to meet a few more of these people this year. I want to join play groups, or mommy groups, workout groups etc.. This is a huge goal for me in 2013. I'll let you know how that goes.

On occasion we do get a night out. This was one of them, last weekend at my husbands military ball. Such a great night!




No comments:

Post a Comment